Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fleeting musings




Come walk with me
into the morning sun
where the dew drops, matted over the green canvas
palliate our roughened souls

Come stay with me
through day in and night
I didn't ask for a love sonnet
I didn't ask for a flowery bed
just stay,
till all the insecurities wash away

come hold my hand
firmly, steadily
hold me through that traitorous road
I can make it through on my own
but I just want to know, you were right behind

Look into my eyes deeply
and let me see that you understand my soul
for I want you to know me
in those moments when I don't know myself

Be kind to me, as I have been to you
I have a soft soul behind those high gates
I let you in,
I let you see all the vulnerabilities in me
Let me breathe in the space I gave you, peacefully

Lie with me, in the moment that is so mine
on lonely meadows, perched atop an undulated topography
under that solitary tree,
revelling in the sun's filtered rays
in the wind that mixes your scent with my headiness
yes, my moment, this moment
that is so ephemeral that it shall last forever

as the sun bids adieu, so shall you
today,  tomorrow or somewhere in the receding horizon
i shall be happy enough
to capture a bit of your soul
I will keep it between my wistful sheets
in longing memory of what
it could have been.


















No comments:

Post a Comment