Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Moments of misplaced emotions, emotions of misplaced moments

somewhere in my hallway
i hear footsteps approaching my door
the louder they get , the harder my heart beats
somebody calls out my name from across the hall
the voice echoes within the walls of my mind
trying to search for a familiarity, 
to put together the syllables to help me see that soul
but i can't discern the difference
if its u or not
slowly the vaguely familiar voice reaches the corners of my heart
the place that i keep hidden from the world
it triggers the memory of the dew eyed girl i keep concealed
under the shroud of maturity and composure 

but suddenly my heart stutters
to my surprise ,it skips a beat
my face comes to life
and my eyes gleam
i hear my name again 
and my heart plunges into a flurry of emotions
swirling twirling ,
crippling my poise 
reigniting my long lost self

is it destiny, de ja vu or memories from across time
i walk towards the door 
should i open it?
or should i wait a second longer
I'm walking on a thin line
the time draws on me
but i don't want to decide just yet
i want to stand across the door
make that voice flame my senses
and hear my name once again
I'm anxious to see the eyes that search for me, I'm nervous to find out more
should i just relish this moment in time
or should i open this door?

my heart softens, the dew eyed girl comes to the fore
it is in this moment she comes to life
if i could embody my emotions
if someone could personify what i feel
u would see
oh! you would so clearly see 
the difference between the surface and the inside
of how much i disguise , of how much i leave undisguised
of how much i drown the voice of my own heart
of how different i am than what appears ..

i delay the moment , purposely
i'm exhilarated and anxious in these moments trapped in time
time trapped between the sound of the syllables
the time when you stop to catch your breath
the time in which i can gather myself from the moment of delirium
while anxiously wishing ur still there
how , why, when..
are the words that perplex me
but i push the thoughts away
because I know the importance of this moment
across the hall
inches from me 
inches from my heart
freezing these moments in time
is the unfamiliar person with a familiar voice
but if you knew, if you only knew
the gravity in me, the brevity of this moment
you would stay …

i cannot fathom the saneness in this moment
of why the world stops and stares
its the way i feel right now
is all i really care
i don't now when reality would dawn
or when i get my composure back
i let my feeble spirit , that fragile girl over power
before lifes trivialities bring the coherence back
the veil would be up again, the world will seem the same again

till you come knocking back….

No comments:

Post a Comment