Saturday, April 27, 2013

movie star


She essays the role of a movie actress
she sways and swathes across the street
she enters the bar oblivious of the eyes that follow her
her scent lingers in the air she walks
i swoon in my seat while my eyes feast on her beauty
her translucent skin washes away all that is around her
her radiance marks her aura
all that is good in this world is embodied in her soul
her eyes betray her stance
she looks like a woman whose lived a thousand lives
but that adds to the enigma of this woman.

She would never give me another glance
I sit there with a pint in my hand and a scowl on my face
My world zillions of light years away from her
In the dust and heat ,i work all day
my hands coarse, my eyes bitter 
my sole entity an archetype of a spiteful man
how could she look at me

If only I could sear my heart and make her see
that I carry the heart of a youthful boy
all I have but love to give her
if only I could make her see

for years and years I've seen her passing through the same street
for years I've heard my heart skip a beat
i've worshipped the very ground she walks
blessed to breathe the air she breathes 
she left the city in the dew hours of the morning with a boy 
who was half the man the village people so told
but the pain that singed my heart 
was witness to the fire ablating my heart

I sat in the bar imprisoned by my tribulation
with a pint in  my hand and a scowl on my face
All that remains now is the carcass of her memory

No comments:

Post a Comment