Saturday, April 27, 2013

the road..


often followed the road that does not reveal itself
it just takes you along plays with ur path
i have followed one all my life knowing ill reach somewhere 
but this time i don't know if i should have taken one

 it twists and turns so much 
that i can't keep up with the swaying tandem
its hard to keep track of where i've been 
when i have always been focussed on where to go..
trying to look back in the footsteps where i got lost and where i found a way
to give assurance to my pulsating heart
that i will reach the end of this one some day

this road has taken me to so many places that the familiar feels unfamiliar , home doesn't feel like home,
unexpected unknown places feel strangely familiar
i solicit unknown faces ..because the past can be lost in the newness of faces
there is solace nowhere , i hope i find it here
yet i want this road to keep taking me along
because the past can be forgotten in the newness of places
the un-forgotten can be forgotten
the promise of the road lights my soul
cause i don't want to look behind anymore

take me home, take me somewhere where i can find home,
what is lost was meant to be lost… 
what will come along will be accepted
for i don't want this journey to end this soon
cause the promise of the road lights my soul
till the road ends i shall look for home 
take me somewhere that i will call home

No comments:

Post a Comment